Hello there! Do you have a reward system in place at home for your kids to promote good behavior? Our kids have a reward system that they use in their classrooms at school that seems to work great so the hubby suggested that I make one similar so I designed and cut one using my Cricut Explore. My readers love the idea so much that I came up with a free printable reward chart (available below)!
This printable reward chart art is super easy to make and the kids can even help! Woohoo!
DIY Reward Chart
- Heavy Weight White Card stock (I used 110 lbs)
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Hole puncher
- Wooden Clothespins
- Laminating Machine (optional)
- Our Free Printable (get it Below!)
- Print the free PDF file.
- Cut the top of each piece of paper (only cut the top, you will cut the sides at the end).
- Attach the top of each of the bottom corresponding pieces using double-sided tape or glue.
- Cut the bottom and sides using a paper cutter or scissors.
- Laminate or take to an office supply store to have laminated (optional).
- Punch holes in the top to hang using twine or string.
- Write family members names on each clothes pin and you are done!
This DIY reward chart will promote good behavior and is a visual reminder that there are consequences and rewards!
Keep reading to make this reward chart using a die-cutting machine!
I used a paper cutter to trim the green, yellow and red pages into strips that fit onto the gray card stock. I used my Cricut Explore to cut the words on black vinyl but you can stencil the words or hand-write the words if you don’t have a machine. I could see printing from a Word doc and then adhering the the colored paper as well.
Once I had everything cut, I started gluing it together.
I punched holes in the top corners and strung some twine through the holes so we could hang it in our kitchen.
Leela immediately wrote everyone’s names on a clothespin (including mom, dad and the dog!) and placed on the reward chart. We plan to laminate this so it can stand some rough wear and tear – we have a small laminating machine so we will be taking this to our local office store to have them laminate it.
Grab the Free Printable Reward Chart!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklist, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
If you like this post, be sure to check out our related popular posts:
- DIY Dollar Store Portable Homework Station
- How to Organize School Artwork and Projects
- 5 Meals Your 5-Year-Old Can Make Like a Boss
Psssssttt… Want more inspiration delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to our FREE weekly newsletter! We provide simple ideas for Organizing, Time Management, Handmade Projects, Crafts, Home Decor and more! Hurry up and sign up here!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.