Essential Oil Gift for Mom
These 3 DIY Bath and Body Essential Oil Gift Ideas are made with essential oils and are perfect Mother’s Day gift or DIY bath and body Christmas gifts. If you like making handmade gifts and use essential oils (or you are thinking about starting to use essential oils) keep reading to learn how to make these DIY bath and body kits! Download the free printable labels below to create an easy handmade gift for the ladies in your life!
Disclaimer: This post is an extension of my own personal research and experience. It is not to be used in place of medical advice. The author disclaims all liability in relation to the use of this information. The statements made in this post have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). The information in this post is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided in this post is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with your physician, and should not be construed as medical advice. See my full disclaimer here.
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS
It’s okay if you aren’t entirely sure what essential oils are and their purpose – I didn’t either until 2016, however, I wish I knew about them 20 years ago!
Essential Oils are natural oils extracted from plants and trees. From Young Living’s Website: “Extracted through careful steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanical from which they come.
Essential oils have enhanced lives for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits from cosmetic and dietary purposes to spiritual and religious use.”
You can use essential oils topically, inhale them, or ingest them. When applied topically, the oils travel through your bloodstream and every cell in your body in about 20 minutes.
You can inhale essential oils by diffusing them or simply inhaling directly from the bottle. Some oils can be ingested by adding a few drops to beverages, food or in a capsule. I’ve personally experienced major positive health changes by ingesting essential oils after discovering I had an overactive thyroid and Graves Disease.
3 Easy DIY All-Natural Bath and Body Gift Sets
I’m sharing these recipes because I believe everyone should try using essential oils. I used to be one of those people that thought essential oils were a joke (I thought they were used to make things smell good and that’s about it). I didn’t know they support health and wellness or would change the way I use many pre-made products going forward.
Get everything you need to make the most out of your essential oils with these 15 Incredibly Useful Supplies for Your Essential Oils.
- Lip Balm Containers
- 4 oz Jelly Jars
- Food coloring (optional – I used a variety of gel food coloring and liquid food coloring. I used this purple food coloring for the lavender)
- Card stock (use white or another fun color) to print the free labels
- Ingredients for each essential oil recipe (beeswax, coconut oil, Epsom salt, Shea Butter, essential oils, etc)
- Paper Mache Box (I found some holiday boxes at the Dollar Tree!)
- Box filler (I shredded coordinating colored card stock to make my own paper filler – I like this shredder)
- Twine in coordinating colors (purple, orange, and red – you can usually find spools of twine for $1 at Target One Spot if you are lucky and they have these exact colors. I stock up when I come across them that cheap!)
- Kitchen appliances to make everything (microwave, mixer with a whip, mixing bowls, spatulas, etc)
Lavender Bath & Body Gift Set
If you only use one essential oil, it should be lavender! This gift set is very feminine and since lavender is known for its relaxing effects on the body, it’s the perfect gift to someone that needs to de-stress 🙂
- Lavender Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Relaxing Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Lavender oil for Eucalyptus and use purple food coloring instead of green)
- Lavender Body Butter – recipe from Raw Mazing (substitute Lavender oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Relaxing Sugar Scrub – recipe from Happy Healthy Oily (substitute Lavender oil for Grapefruit oil)
Peppermint Bath & Body Gift Set
The peppermint bath products in this set smell good enough to eat! Well, don’t it eat it, haha but enjoy the smell that reminds us all of Christmas… Peppermint Candy Canes! I layered the sugar scrub to resemble a candy cane too 🙂 Peppermint gives a cooling sensation and has a calming effect on the body which can relieve sore muscles!
- Peppermint Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Candy Cane Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Peppermint oil for Eucalyptus and use red food coloring instead of green)
- Peppermint Body Butter – recipe from RawMazing (substitute Peppermint oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Candy Cane Sugar Scrub – recipe from Happy Healthy Oily (substitute Peppermint oil for Grapefruit oil) I layered mine with white and red peppermint sugar scrub to resemble a candy cane 🙂
Grapefruit Bath & Body Gift Set
Grapefruit is one of my favorite essential oils to use in bath products because it’s so invigorating! It is a stimulant, antidepressant, disinfectant , lymphatic and tonic substance. It is also known to help keep the skin clean.
- Lavender Lip Balms – recipe from Simple Made Pretty
- Relaxing Bathtub Detox – recipe from Your Beauty Blog (substitute Grapefruit oil for Eucalyptus and use orange food coloring instead of green)
- Lavender Body Butter – recipe from RawMazing (substitute Grapefruit oil) TIP: I melted mine in a glass measuring cup in the microwave
- Relaxing Sugar Scrub – recipe from Happy Healthy Oily
Another way to package these is to put the different scents for each product together (all the body butter in one box, etc).
I came across these round holiday paper mache boxes at the Dollar Tree and they fit 3 jars perfectly! I printed the labels on brown craft paper and used brown craft paper as the filler.
Aren’t they adorable? I bet you would never guess each set was less than $2.30 each to make!
Grab the free printable Beauty gift basket labels HERE (if you are a current subscriber, please check your last email from me for the access instructions).
WHERE TO BUY ESSENTIAL OILS
I only use Young Living essential oils because of the quality and their method of distilling produce the best essential oils available on the market today. In fact, Young Living has a Seed to Seal guarantee that surpasses any other oil company’s guarantee of the quality and purity of their oils. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather pay a little more guaranteed quality oils than paying a little less for cheap oils that may or may not provide the same benefit.
Also, Do Not Buy Young Living Essential Oils from Amazon, eBay or other third-party sites.
The reason I only buy oils directly from Young Living is the same reason I wouldn’t buy a designer handbag from the back of a van on a street corner. It’s probably not the real thing or has been tampered with in some way. You wouldn’t want to apply or ingest an “oil” that someone put something strange in or receive a bottle of “water” instead of oil (trust me, this happens all the time!). Please don’t be the one that gets scammed by buying essential oils anywhere other than Young Living!
Now that that’s out of the way, here are few more facts & benefits that Young Living offers:
- YL offers many membership benefits, including monthly essential oils, rewards programs to earn FREE product
- Young Living is also the only essential oil company that is approved by the FDA with a special line of Vitality oils and products
- YL has 22+ years of experience and is the only oil company that owns their own farms
Signing up to become a Young Living Member is really easy!
Here are quick step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for a Young Living account and a few tips & tricks to get your FREE products!
To try Young Living, go here (keep reading for a special gift from me when you sign up through my link!)
Select to become a Member.
I signed up as a member so I could get the starter kit, the discount, and the option to sell the products later. Since I started using oils in March 2016, I have enjoyed tons of FREE products from being a member.
I take advantage of the essential rewards where they basically give you money back to buy more products AND they send you free stuff every few months just for using the essential rewards program.
Here’s what the starter kit contains:
- A diffuser of your choice (dewdrop is pictured above and my favorite one)
- 11 different bottles of essential oil (includes their most popular oils!)
- Sample essential oils (to give to friends & family – or just keep selfishly for yourself, hehe)
- 1 roller fitment (pop this on one of the bottles for a fast roller ball bottle!)
- Literature on the oils
A Special Gift From Me
If you go through my link to sign up for a Young Living account (as a member), here’s what you get for FREE from me:
- 50 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils EBook ($17.97 value)
- Essential Oils Roller Bottle Recipes Cheat Sheet ($2.97 value)
- Printable Labels for 10ml Roller Bottle Labels for Essential Oils – 31 Printable Labels in Pink, Black, & Teal ($4.97 value)
Get everything above ($27.94 value) for FREE when you sign up through my link below! Once you’ve signed up, just send me an email with the subject line “Claiming my oil freebies” and I will send your freebies!
Let me know in the comments if you are excited to make these candles or if are an essential oils beginner and need more tips 😉
Want even more essential oil goodies?
Sign up below and I will send you my FREE mini eBook with 5 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils with printable labels for 5 different DIY skin care solutions.
GET YOUR ESSENTIAL OILS HERE AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THEM! FOR MORE INFO, SEE MY ESSENTIAL OILS POSTS HERE 🙂
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.