Learn how easy it is to make this DIY All-Natural Shaving Cream and Razor Gift Basket for Women Using Roses Razors and free printables in this tutorial!
This shop has been compensated by Roses Razors. All opinions are mine alone. #SpaGiftBasketDIY #RosesRazorsDIY
This gift basket idea for women is a thoughtful gift for birthdays, moms, friends, college students, care packages, and Christmas. The DIY shaving cream recipe has natural ingredients, including shea butter, coconut oil, and essential oils. The razors featured in this gift basket are from Roses Razors and are one of the best razors for women shaving that I’ve used.
Disclaimer: This post is an extension of my own personal research and experience. It is not to be used in place of medical advice. The author disclaims all liability in relation to the use of this information. The statements made in this post have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). The information in this post is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided in this post is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with your physician, and should not be construed as medical advice. See my full disclaimer here.
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS
It’s okay if you aren’t entirely sure what essential oils are and their purpose – I didn’t either until 2016, however, I wish I knew about them 20 years ago!
Essential Oils are natural oils extracted from plants and trees. From Young Living’s Website: “Extracted through careful steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanical from which they come.
Essential oils have enhanced lives for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits from cosmetic and dietary purposes to spiritual and religious use.”
You can use essential oils topically, inhale them, or ingest them. When applied topically, the oils travel through your bloodstream and every cell in your body in about 20 minutes.
You can inhale essential oils by diffusing them or simply inhaling directly from the bottle. Some oils can be ingested by adding a few drops to beverages, food or in a capsule. I’ve personally experienced major positive health changes by ingesting essential oils after discovering I had an overactive thyroid and Graves Disease.
To learn more about essential oils, check out this post or scroll to the bottom 🙂
I personally don’t like spending the money on expensive razors and in the past have bought whatever was on sale. Well, not anymore! The cost of the razors from Roses Razors makes it a no-brainer to just order directly from them and have my razors delivered to my front door!
Want to try Roses Razors?
A box of these amazing razors starts at $11.99 and monthly subscription starts at $5.99 – and these are so much better than any razor found in your local drug store for the same price!
Grab the Roses Razor box featured in this post here!
I tried Roses Razors with and without this DIY shaving cream, which left my legs silky smooth, no bumps, no razor burn, and no cuts! If you have a teen starting to shave, these are a perfect gift to give her so she has the best “first” experience shaving.
Grab the free printables!
I created some fun free printables to help you create this DIY gift idea and the PDF includes:
- 2 Printable Coupons for Roses Razors (one Christmas themed)
- 4 Gift Tags (Christmas & Valentines themed or any occasion)
- 4 Shaving Cream Labels (Christmas & Valentines themed or any occasion)
Grab the free printables below!
The woman in your life will love this thoughtful and unique gift idea 🙂
DIY All-Natural Shaving Cream
- 4 oz. glass jar
- 2/3 cup shea butter
- 2/3 coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oils/oil blend, ideas:
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil (optional)
- Melt coconut oil and shea butter in a microwave-safe container, stirring until liquefied (alternatively, use a double boiler).
2. Remove from heat and mix in olive oil or grapeseed oil and 10-20 drops of essential oils (I used 20 drops of Grapefruit Young Living Essential Oils).
4. Pour into a kitchen aid mixer bowl and place in frig until it hardens (a few hours).
5. Whip the mixture using kitchen aid mixer until light and fluffy like icing.
6. Pour into glass jars (yields three 4 oz jelly jars), add the label, and use as directed (use as you would any shaving cream).
Razor Gift Basket for Women
Pair the shaving cream with a box or subscription from Roses Razors.
- Razors from Roses Razors
- Basket or Box
- Shredded Paper
- Printable Labels & Coupon
- Washcloth (optional)
- Shred the paper (I used pink and red cardstock, shredded in a standard office shredder machine) and add to the box/basket.
- Wrap the Roses Razors box with ribbon and attach a gift tag (4 options are included in the free printable).
- Place everything in the gift basket/box to give to that special someone 🙂
Create a gift basket for any occasion…
Or a Christmas themed gift basket…
WHERE TO BUY ESSENTIAL OILS
I only use Young Living essential oils because of the quality and their method of distilling produce the best essential oils available on the market today. In fact, Young Living has a Seed to Seal guarantee that surpasses any other oil company’s guarantee of the quality and purity of their oils. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather pay a little more guaranteed quality oils than paying a little less for cheap oils that may or may not provide the same benefit.
Also, Do Not Buy Young Living Essential Oils from Amazon, eBay or other third-party sites.
The reason I only buy oils directly from Young Living is the same reason I wouldn’t buy a designer handbag from the back of a van on a street corner. It’s probably not the real thing or has been tampered with in some way. You wouldn’t want to apply or ingest an “oil” that someone put something strange in or receive a bottle of “water” instead of oil (trust me, this happens all the time!). Please don’t be the one that gets scammed by buying essential oils anywhere other than Young Living!
Now that that’s out of the way, here are few more facts & benefits that Young Living offers:
- YL offers many membership benefits, including monthly essential oils, rewards programs to earn FREE product
- Young Living is also the only essential oil company that is approved by the FDA with a special line of Vitality oils and products
- YL has 22+ years of experience and is the only oil company that owns their own farms
Signing up to become a Young Living Member is really easy!
Here are quick step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for a Young Living account and a few tips & tricks to get your FREE products!
To try Young Living, go here (keep reading for a special gift from me when you sign up through my link!)
Select to become a Member.
I signed up as a member so I could get the starter kit, the discount, and the option to sell the products later. Since I started using oils in March 2016, I have enjoyed tons of FREE products from being a member.
I take advantage of the essential rewards where they basically give you money back to buy more products AND they send you free stuff every few months just for using the essential rewards program.
Here’s what the starter kit contains:
- A diffuser of your choice (dewdrop is pictured above and my favorite one)
- 11 different bottles of essential oil (includes their most popular oils!)
- Sample essential oils (to give to friends & family – or just keep selfishly for yourself, hehe)
- 1 roller fitment (pop this on one of the bottles for a fast roller ball bottle!)
- Literature on the oils
A Special Gift From Me
If you go through my link to sign up for a Young Living account (as a member), here’s what you get for FREE from me:
- 50 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils EBook ($17.97 value)
- Essential Oils Roller Bottle Recipes Cheat Sheet ($2.97 value)
- Printable Labels for 10ml Roller Bottle Labels for Essential Oils – 31 Printable Labels in Pink, Black, & Teal ($4.97 value)
Get everything above ($27.94 value) for FREE when you sign up through my link below! Once you’ve signed up, just send me an email with the subject line “Claiming my oil freebies” and I will send your freebies!
Let me know in the comments if you are excited to make these candles or if are an essential oils beginner and need more tips 😉
Grab the Free Printable Labels, Gift Tags, and Coupon to make the gift basket!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklists, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
All free printables are for personal use only. Pinning is always welcome and appreciated!
Grab the Roses Razor box featured in this post here!
Pin it for later…
You might also like…
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.