Rae Dunn Halloween Pumpkins
Are you Rae Dunn obsessed? Did you run to Home Goods or TJ Max this Fall searching high and low for Rae Dunn Halloween mugs? If so, you are not alone. If you also share the addiction to Rae Dunn, you may have seen some crafty bloggers (like me) offering tutorials on how to DIY Rae Dunn items. Since my last few Rae Dunn DIY posts took off (these Rae Dunn Easter eggs and Rae Dunn Christmas ornaments), I decided to share this tutorial for some DIY Rae Dunn Halloween Pumpkins With Free SVG Cut File.
The funny thing is that I made these pumpkins for Halloween in 2017 and I am kicking myself for never sharing a DIY blog post… better late than never right?
The first thing you’ll need for this craft project is craft pumpkins. If you can shop your own home for pumpkins that could use a little love, or repurposing, otherwise, I highly recommend checking the Dollar Tree or Walmart. The pumpkins featured in this post are from Micheal’s craft stores but I’ve had them for years and got them on sale during their end of season clearance.
You’ll need a Cricut Explore or Silhouette cutting machine to make this project. Just upload the SVG or PNG in the program you use (I use Cricut Design Space), size, cut, and apply!
These Halloween Pumpkins are so easy to make that I made 6 different pumpkins in less than 30 minutes.
The FREE SVG file includes the following Rae Dunn inspired text:
- Happy Halloween
- Trick or Treat
How to make the Fall Welcome Door Mat With Free SVG File
- Cricut Explore/Silhouette cutting machine
- SVG file (get it free below or design your own)
- Plain Pumpkins (these are my favorite!)
- Vinyl in your color choice (I used this vinyl for this project)
- Transfer Tape
- Gather supplies. You will need a plain pumpkin (I used these awesome craft pumpkins), Craft vinyl (I used Cricut vinyl in midnight and white but you can use whatever vinyl and colors you prefer), a Rae Dunn font or use the SVG file below, a Cricut machine or Silhouette machine), and transfer tape (you will use this to apply the cut font to the pumpkins).
- Download the SVG file and upload to Cricut Design Space. Do you need help uploading a file to Cricut, let me know in the comments or send me a message, I’d love to help!
- Size the image depending on the size of your pumpkins. If you purchase the pumpkins I mention above, my image was sized around 5 x 7 inches.
- Cut and weed the image (remove the negative part of the cut image, in this case, you will remove the outside surrounding the letters).
- Apply transfer tape to size to your cut image and peel back the transfer tape when you are ready to apply to the pumpkin.
- Place the transfer tape image on the pumpkin sticky side down and press firmly, You may have some difficulty applying the image to the pumpkin because of the curved surface. If you mess up, just pull the vinyl back and press again until it looks good. I have a few wrinkles in mine but you can’t see them with the naked eye.
- Carefully peel back the transfer tape to reveal your DIY Rae Dunn Halloween Pumpkins!
These DIY Rae Dunn Halloween Pumpkins are a fun addition to your Halloween home decor and ideas on phrases and colors are limitless! I would love to see these in some fun pink and teal colors or paired with some buffalo check pumpkins.
Learning how to use your Cricut is really easy and fun once you get the hang of it. I love using Cricut Design Space print then cut features. If you don’t have a Cricut Access Membership, I highly recommend it. I’ve had a Cricut Access Membership for years and it’s definitely worth the cost for all the benefits.
Did you make these Rae Dunn pumpkins or a similar one? I would love to see yours! Send me a picture on Facebook, Instagram, or email and I’ll share with my followers 🙂
Grab the Free SVG File!
If you are new to the Simple Made Pretty Community, you’ll need to sign up below to gain access to my private digital resource library where I house all of my free printable crafts, decor, checklist, & more in one convenient place!
Welcome back! If you’ve already subscribed to Simple Made Pretty, just check your last email from me with the password to log into the library below (the instructions are sent in every email I send).
Watch the How-To Video:
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.
[…] DIY Rae Dunn Halloween Pumpkins By Simple Made Pretty […]
[…] These Rae Dunn inspired stencils are great for making special Halloween pumpkins that really stand out! These are great for making no cut easy pumpkins this Halloween! Get the DIY tutorial here. […]