Christmas Eve Box
Over the past few years, our family has celebrated a family tradition on Christmas Eve with a Christmas Eve box. You might be asking yourself, what are Christmas Eve boxes? Basically, it’s a box that we store items and family traditions that we do as a family every year on Christmas Eve. Keep reading to learn What To Put In A Christmas Eve Box and get the free Christmas Eve box printable checklist below!
You can create your own children’s Christmas Eve box and your family should come up with things to put in a Christmas Eve box depending on your family traditions. However, I’m including a checklist with items that we like to keep in our Christmas Eve box.
You can make a Christmas Eve box for toddlers, a Christmas Eve box for adults or a Christmas Eve box for kids.
We do a combination of all of the above… who am I kidding though, our’s is 99% a children’s Christmas Eve box!
There are tons of other Christmas Eve box ideas if you search Pinterest, including a wooden Christmas Eve box that crafters sell on Etsy! You can use any box available in your home to make the Christmas Eve box printable and download the Christmas Eve box label template below to personalize your empty Christmas Eve Boxes.
The main things to put in a Christmas Eve box (that I keep in our box even while in storage) are a Santa Plate and Mug set, a Christmas Game (Christmas Bingo), and a Santa Hat.
Get creative with your Christmas Eve gift box ideas! This DIY Christmas Eve box should be fun and personalized depending on your family traditions 🙂
What To Put In A Christmas Eve Box:
- Large sturdy box (I found ours at TJMaxx and Hobby Lobby has large boxes for the holidays or you can try this box). I also decorated ours using my Cricut machine to cut Gingerbread Images and “Christmas Eve Box” text and added fun color paper and printed paper.
- Free Printables (optional – get them below)
- Santa Plate & Mug (I made ours but this one is similar)
- Santa Hat (we use this to play Santa & everyone gets to open ONE gift on Christmas Eve)
- Reindeer Food (my son made his in school but here is a recipe and free printable!)
- Christmas Bingo (I printed mine from a blog several years ago and sadly do not recall which one – this is why it’s important to watermark printables!! However, these are similar and are free to print online). We use Hershey Kisses as “coins” to mark the spots. Make sure you print enough pages for each family member.
- The Night Before Christmas storybook
- Your favorite Christmas Movie
- Hot Cocoa Packets
- Matching Family Pajamas (here’s a post with some ideas)
- Any other Christmas Eve tradition that you want to add (get creative!). I left some blank spots on the free printable below so you can add your own items 🙂
Place everything inside the box and set aside for Christmas Eve and have fun!
Now that you know the answer to “what are Christmas Eve boxes,” I hope your family enjoys the Christmas Eve Box DIY free printable for years to come!
Grab the Free Printable Christmas Eve Box Checklist!
Psssssttt…Right now I’m offering FREE access to our Digital Resource Library to all of our newsletter subscribers. Your private access includes dozens of free printable crafts, home decor and organization guides. Hurry up and grab your freebies here! (Access instructions are sent after subscribing).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links or a sponsored post. All opinions are always 100% mine and I don’t partner with any product or company that I don’t use and love. Please see our Full Disclosure for more information.